Modeshift STARS comes to Somerset
About Modeshift STARS
Somerset County Council and Somerset Activity and Sports Partnership (SASP) have teamed up with Modeshift STARS to give all schools the opportunity to be recognised for supporting Sustainable and Active Travel by developing a School Travel Plan through the Modeshift STARS Education Accreditation Programme.
What is Modeshift STARS?
- Modeshift STARS is the national accreditation scheme supported by the Department for Transport. It allows schools to achieve Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum STAR awards for promoting sustainable and active travel.
- Since launching in 2008, Modeshift STARS have seen over 1,400 schools in England achieve accreditation.
Why sign up to Modeshift STARS?
- Nationally Recognised Accreditation Scheme– accredited schools receive a plaque, certificate and are able to use the STARS logo.
- Travel Awards – a chance to be considered for the Regional and National STARS School Travel Awards.
- School Travel Plan– a national standard School Travel Plan is created, which will deliver significant time and cost savings, and you can add it to your school website.
- Healthier Pupils– by encouraging active, healthy lifestyles for young people through more walking, cycling and scooting.
- Changing Behaviour– STARS will provide you with the tools to reduce car use and increase active and sustainable travel. Get recognised for addressing climate change and promoting greener, healthier and safer travel to school.
- Contributes to the Somerset Wellbeing Framework lifestyle pillar and Eco-Schools transport topic, as well as linking to the wider school curriculum.
Sign your school up to Modeshift STARS and gain your first Somerset STAR
- Please see our Somerset Modeshift STARS webpage for more information and our handy guides on how to sign up and get started: Travel plan resources for schools – modeshiftSTARS (somerset.gov.uk)
- Or sign up here: STARS Education Contact – Modeshift STARS